- Legal agreements for your organization must be completed or in process at time of training. If you are unsure if your organization has all of the required legal agreements in place, please contact the Virtual Gateway Customer Service: 1‑800‑421‑0938. To access/complete legal agreements:
- Access the Virtual Gateway page by going to: www.mass.gov/vg
- Select Becoming a Virtual Gateway User link in the bottom left part of the page
- Read through the instructions and information
- Download and complete the 3 Virtual Gateway forms as indicated
- Download and complete the Common Intake Rider form (about ¾ of the way down the page under Services for Providers and Government Workers—Service Rider)
- Mail (do not email or fax) the signed originals of the 4 forms to the address indicated on the Virtual Gateway Common Intake Agreement (please retain a copy for your records)
- One or two days before or after your scheduled class your organization’s Virtual Gateway Access Administrator (AA) should send the completed Common Intake User Request Form (URF) to the address indicated on the form (upper right hand corner). Please note that this form must be emailed from the AA’s email account. Instructions and role definitions are included on the form. See the first tab of the form and the upper right hand corner of the form itself—second tab.
- Participants planning to submit online applications for MassHealth must be familiar with both the MassHealth process and the paper Medical Benefit Request (MBR)/Senior Medical Benefit Request (SMBR) application process for individuals applying for health care programs.
This course provides outreach workers with the skills necessary to successfully submit electronic applications for SNAP, WIC and other HHS programs for eligible individuals using the Common Intake application on the Health and Human Services Virtual Gateway.
Participants will use their knowledge of the paper application process to learn how to use the Virtual Gateway to successfully submit a Common Intake Application for SNAP, WIC, and other HHS programs for eligible individuals.
This course is designed for hospitals, community health centers and other providers and outreach workers who currently submit applications for SNAP, WIC and other HHS programs. Programs available through Common Intake include:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program/SNAP
- Women, Infant, and Children (WIC)
- Free and Reduced Price School Meals Program
- School Breakfast and/or School Lunch
- Community Services and Long-term Support
This 2-hour Webinar allows individuals the convenience to attend training right from their work location.
- Overview of the EOHHS Virtual Gateway
- Review the process for determining if an electronic application is appropriate for a client's particular situation
- Learn how to enter electronic applications for SNAP, WIC, and other programs
- Learn the steps to submit the electronic applications for determination
- Learn about the various forms and signature pages generated by the electronic application