- Legal agreements for your organization must be completed or in process at time of training. If you are unsure if your organization has all of the required legal agreements in place, please contact the Virtual Gateway Customer Service: 1‑800‑421‑0938. To access/complete legal agreements:
- Access the Virtual Gateway page by going to: www.mass.gov/vg
- Select Becoming a Virtual Gateway User link in the bottom left part of the page
- Read through the instructions and information
- Download and complete the 3 Virtual Gateway forms as indicated
- Download and complete the Common Intake Rider form (about ¾ of the way down the page under Services for Providers and Government Workers—Service Rider)
- Mail (do not email or fax) the signed originals of the 4 forms to the address indicated on the Virtual Gateway Common Intake Agreement (please retain a copy for your records)
- One or two days before or after your scheduled class your organization’s Virtual Gateway Access Administrator (AA) should send the completed Common Intake User Request Form (URF) to the address indicated on the form (upper right hand corner). Please note that this form must be emailed from the AA’s email account. Instructions and role definitions are included on the form. See the first tab of the form and the upper right hand corner of the form itself—second tab.
- Participants planning to submit online applications for MassHealth must be familiar with both the MassHealth process and the paper Medical Benefit Request (MBR)/Senior Medical Benefit Request (SMBR) application process for individuals applying for health care programs.
This course provides health care providers and outreach workers with the skills necessary to successfully submit electronic applications for health care programs, long-term care services at home, and other HHS programs for eligible individuals using the Common Intake application on the Health and Human Services Virtual Gateway. Participants will also learn how to access and use My Account Page to learn about member benefits.
Participants will use their knowledge of the paper application process to learn how to use the Virtual Gateway to successfully submit a Common Intake Application for health care/health assistance programs and services, SNAP, WIC, and other HHS programs for eligible individuals. Participants will also learn how to access My Account Page for information about current member health assistance benefits.
This course is designed for hospitals, community health centers and other providers and outreach workers who currently submit applications for health care programs. Programs available through Common Intake include:
- Health Insurance and Health Assistance Programs
- Healthy Start
- Children's Medical Security Plan(CMSP)
- MassHealth for Seniors and People Needing Long-Term-Care Services at home
- Commonwealth Care
- Health Safety Net
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program/SNAP (formerly Food Stamp Program)
- Women, Infant, and Children (WIC)
- Free and Reduced Price School Meals Program
- School Breakfast and/or School Lunch
- Community Services and Long-term Support
This full-day, instructor-led course provides hands-on training at one of several conveniently located training sites throughout the Commonwealth.
- Overview of the EOHHS Virtual Gateway
- Review the process for determining if an electronic application is appropriate for a client's particular situation
- Learn how to access and use My Account Page
- Learn how to enter electronic applications for Health Insurance and Health Assistance Programs and long-term care at home, SNAP, SNP, and other programs
- Learn the steps to submit the electronic applications for determination
- Learn about the various forms and signature pages generated by the electronic application
- Learn how to access the status of an application (for relevant programs)