- What is Enterprise Invoice/Service Management?
- How will I know when it is time for me to start using EIM/ESM?
- What contracts are going to be included in EIM/ESM?
- What are the minimum system requirements for EIM/ESM?
- How can I access EIM/ESM?
- Will there be training on the EIM/ESM service?
- Will training be available for new members of our staff?
- How can I get help with EIM/ESM?
- Where can I find more information about EIM/ESM?
1. What is Enterprise Invoice/Service Management?
Enterprise Invoice/Service Management (EIM/ESM) is an Internet billing and reporting service that replaces paper-based invoicing and streamlines billing for providers and agencies. In addition, EIM/ESM for some agencies replaces outdated client information systems and is a single, agency-wide point for client service management.
The EIM/ESM team is working with EOHHS agencies to develop a schedule for deploying EIM/ESM across all agencies and POS providers. Implementation activities typically begin three months before an organization is scheduled to use the EIM/ESM service. Deployment efforts will extend throughout state fiscal year 2010.
The long-term vision is for EIM/ESM to include all contracts held by EOHHS agencies with Purchase-of-Service providers. The FY10 contract list is available on the EOHHS web site and may be found at http://www.mass.gov/Eeohhs2/docs/vg/eim_esm/provider_contract_list_reference.xls .
All computers used to access the Virtual Gateway require Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher.
For the EIM/ESM application, the minimum system requirements are
- Windows (98, 2000 or XP Business)
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- 800x600 screen resolution
- 300MHz CPU and 128MB RAM
Additionally, the preferred system features to enhance the performance of EIM/ESM are
- Windows XP (Business Class)
- 1024x768 screen resolution
- 500MHz CPU and 256MB RAM
- Operating System
- Mac OS X
- Safari (Mac)
Note: Testing on the EIM/ESM application has not been conducted on these alternative platforms; compatibility issues may result.
JAWS for Windows ® Screen Reading Software
EIM/ESM users that are using JAWS as their screen reader have reported the best performance when set up as follows:
- Use JAWS Version 10
- Enable JAVA scripting: Select Control Panel, Java, Advanced tab Check the <APPLET> tag support for Internet Explorer (or the Web browser used, if other than IE).
EIM/ESM is available through the Virtual Gateway portal on the EOHHS website ( ). Information at the organizational and individual user levels must be supplied prior to using the service. Provider organizations preparing to use EIM/ESM work with a designated Provider Access Lead; agencies are assigned Agency Implementation Leads.
Authorized users log in to EIM/ESM after receiving a user ID and temporary password via e-mail from Virtual Gateway Operations. When you attempt to log in for the first time, you will be prompted to change your password. A job aid is available regarding such changes at www.mass.gov/vg/loginassistance.
6. Will there be training on the EIM/ESM service?
Yes! A variety of training opportunities has been created in support of EIM/ESM. When the service was first launched in 2006, all training was instructor-led and conducted in a traditional, classroom format. Since that time, complementary Computer Based Training (CBT) content has been developed. CBTs allow learners to access and complete training materials at their own pace, without having to travel. An instructor-led format will continue to be used for some content, with teleconferences and workshops also supporting the curriculum.
The particular delivery method(s) available to you will be communicated after your organization submits the User Request Form (URF) prepared prior to "going live" on EIM/ESM. Registration guidelines will also be provided at that time. In addition, EIM/ESM users can download user manuals and job aids from the EOHHS website.
Yes. If you have new staff that needs to be trained on EIM/ESM, you need first to submit a new User Request Form (URF) to Virtual Gateway Deployment. Once this information is received, we will work with you to identify training opportunities that meet your specific needs. Please see the User Security FAQs on this subject.
Virtual Gateway Customer Service can help you with a number of EIM/ESM-related questions:
- How do I access the EIM/ESM service?
- How do I navigate EIM/ESM to find what I'm looking for?
- Has my invoice been processed?
- Whom should I talk to about…..?
Questions related to the specifics of your contract with an EOHHS agency are best addressed to your normal agency contact:
- Has my amendment request been processed?
- Will this contract be re-bid next year?
- Is my rate for these services going to change?
Virtual Gateway Customer Service may be reached at 1-800-421-0938.
A TTY line is available at 1-617-847-6578 for deaf and hearing impaired individuals.
Virtual Gateway Customer Service hours of operation are Monday through Friday, from 8:30 AM until 5:00 PM.
Additional information, created in support of provider as well as agency needs, is available on the EOHHS website. Questions related to EIM/ESM may be directed to Virtual Gateway Customer Service at 1-800-421-0938 (TTY: 1-617-847-6578) or e-mailed to EOHHS at POS.EIM-ESM@state.ma.us.
This information is provided by the Virtual Gateway within Health and Human Services.