The Department of Mental Health prepares and publishes a number of reports that describe DMH services and planning activities and present data on the effectiveness of services and outcomes, including consumer and family member satisfaction.
State Behavioral Health Assessment and Plan
The Department of Mental health receives Mental Health Block Grant funds each year from the Center for Mental Health Services (CMHS) at the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) for community mental health services. The State Behavioral Health Assessment and Plan is submitted to SAMHSA on a 2-year cycle as a condition of receiving Block Grant funds
The Word document version of the Plan does not include the following forms and tables:
- Certificates and Attachments
- Table 2: State Agency Planned Expenditures
- Table 3: State Agency Planned Block Grant Expenditures by Service
- Table 6a: MHBG Non-Direct Service Activities Planned Expenditures
- Behavioral Health Advisory Council Membership
In addition, the Word document does not include the following documents which were provided as an addendum to the Plan:
- Behavioral Health State Health Plan (2013)
- Behavioral Health Integration Task Force Report (2013)
- Massachusetts Strategic Plan for Suicide Prevention (Revised May 2015)
These forms, tables and documents are available on request.
Consumer and Family Member Satisfaction Survey Reports
For More information about these reports, please contact:
Department of Mental Health
25 Staniford Street
Boston, MA 02114
DMH Services are handled through our local site offices. For more information about DMH Services please Click Here to find the appropriate DMH site office for your city or town. Your local site office will be able to assist you.
This information is provided by the Department of Mental Health.