Please use the link above to return directly to this page in the future.
Welcome to the Health of Massachusetts. This new report represents a major leap forward in our ability to provide useful data on the health of Massachusetts residents, in an easy-to-understand and accessible format. For the first time, we have coupled statistical information with policy perspectives from some of the leading experts in the field of public health, allowing for greater context in understanding the broad issues we face. Designed to inform policy makers and key community partners, this report contains more than 200 charts and draws information from more than 50 sources.
- Health of Massachusetts (PDF 7.37MB) file size 7MB file size 1MB
- Chapter 1: Demographics and Socio-Economics
- Chapter 2: Community Assets
- Chapter 3: Health Care Access
- Chapter 4: Health Care Quality
- Chapter 5: Natality and Early Childhood
- Chapter 6: Infectious Disease
- Chapter 7: Wellness and Chronic Disease
- Chapter 8: Environmental Health
- Chapter 9: Occupational Health
- Chapter 10: Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug Use
- Chapter 11: Unintentional Injury
- Chapter 12: Suicide and Self-Inflicted Injury
- Chapter 13: Violence
- Chapter 14: Mortality
- Appendix: Data Sources (PDF)
This information is provided by the Department of Public Health.