Last updated May 6, 2013
MassCHIP v3.0 (Build 328) is here! For information on MassCHIP v3.0 (Build 328) new features and improvements read or download the MassCHIP What's New page.
Username and Password
When MassCHIP is downloaded onto your computer and you open the application and create and run a Custom Query, you are asked to log in with your ID and password.
Current users may use their ID and password as before.
New users should use the following: ID = masschip, Password = password.
How to Install MassCHIP
To install the MassCHIP Client Program for Windows v3.0 r328 (25 Mb self-extracting file - includes What's New, Release Notes, and the Getting Started Manual), follow the instructions below:
- Download MassCHIP using the link below to your desktop or local folder.
- Run FULLSETUPEX.EXE found/saved onto your desktop or local folder.
- Follow the instructions given during the Setup program.
Once the MassCHIP Client Program has been downloaded, running the downloaded file (FULLSETUPEX.EXE) will start the file extraction and installation process. Then, FULLSETUPEX.EXE may be deleted after the installation completes in order to save disk space.
Please Note: If you have queries from the previous version of MassCHIP and you wish to save them do the following: When the fullsetupex.exe program has been opened and the installation has begun, there is a point when users are asked if they want to keep their user data base. Simply respond yes, and the saved queries will be retained.
Please download and print the MassCHIP Release Notes for future reference.
Attention Microsoft Vista and Microsoft Windows 7 users: To have a successful installation of the MassCHIP application, please follow these steps:
1. Go to your control panel, find and deactivate the Universal Access Controller (UAC). Do this by going to the control panel, choose administrative tools, then choose system configuration, then choose tools, then select "Deactivate UAC"
2. Reboot the computer
3. Click on the MassCHIP self-extracting installer file link below and accept the licensing agreement and begin the download process. When the computer asks if you want to save or run, choose save.
4. When the download is complete, the installation program, fullsetupex.exe will appear on your desktop. RIGHT-CLICK on it and choose to run it as an administrator.
Please Note: If your site is connected to the Internet through a firewall, please read the MassCHIP Connectivity Troubleshooting and Firewall Configuration Notes. This document provides information that your firewall or network administrator will need to properly configure your site firewall for MassCHIP.
Contacting MassCHIP Support
MassCHIP support is available via Internet Email ( firstname.lastname@example.org), by telephone call-back at (888-MAS-CHIP within Massachusetts, or 617-624-5629) during normal business hours.
Copyright © 1995-2010 Massachusetts Department of Public Health