- There were 206 new detention admissions in December 2010, 2 more than in December 2009. ( See Detentions on Excel File Pop Charts 2010 )
- Two out of five Regions experienced increases in the number of new detention admissions received in December 2010 compared to December 2009. The Central Region experienced the biggest increase in new detention admissions. ( See Detentions by Area on Excel File Pop Charts 2010 )
Calendar Year 2010
- In calendar year 2010, there were 2983 newly-detained clients. Detention admissions decreased by 182 (5.8%) from one year ago.
- Detention admissions in 2010 were 1290 (30.2%) below the average number of detention admissions received during the five-year period from 2005 through 2009.
Fiscal Year 2010
- There have been 1354 new detention admissions during FY 2011, a decrease of 136 (9.1%) from FY 2010.
- As the data in Chart 1 indicates, four of five Regions have experienced decreases in new detention admissions in the present fiscal year compared to FY 2010. The Metro Region has had the biggest decrease.
This information is provided by the Department of Youth Services.