- There were 44 new commitments in December 2010, an increase of 9 from December 2009. ( See Commitments on Excel File Pop Charts 2010 )
- Of the 44 new commitments, 10 (22.7%) were female, while the remaining 34 (77.3%) were male.
- Four Regions experienced increases in new commitments during December 2010, compared to December 2009. The Southeast Region experienced the biggest decrease compared to one year ago. ( See Commitments by Area on Excel File Pop Charts 2010 )
Calendar Year 2010
- There were 600 new commitments during calendar year 2010, a decrease of 37 (5.8%) from calendar year 2009.
Fiscal Year 2010
- There have been 270 new commitments during FY 2011, 31 (10.3%) less than the number committed during FY 2010.
- As the data in Chart 2 indicates, the Western Region has had the biggest decrease (19) in new commitments in FY 2011 compared to FY 2010.
This information is provided by the Department of Youth Services.