Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission
Community Living Programs
Year In Review
July 1, 2010 - June 30, 2011
Number of Consumers Served in Community Living Programs
- Independent Living Centers: 6,195
- Turning 22 Services: 445
- Assistive Technology: 682
- Housing Registry: 365
- Supported Living Services: 170
- Brain Injury Services: 1,815
- Home Care Services: 1,340
- Protective Services: 393
Services Purchased for Community Living Programs
- Independent Living Centers: $6,639,954
- IL Turning 22 Services: $1,393,305
- Assistive Technology: $1,140,648
- Housing Registry: $80,000
- Supported Living Services: $1,501,202
- Brain Injury Services: $16,071,666
- Home Care Services: $3,849,147
- Protective Services: $638,245
Facts at a Glance
"The goal of our services is to promote dignity through employment and community living, one person at a time. We hope that all citizens with disabilities in Massachusetts will have the opportunity to contribute as a productive member of their community and family as a result of services provided by the MRC."
Charles Carr, Commissioner
- Total consumers actively receiving services: 11,405
- Total funds expended: $31,314,167
- Cost per consumer served: $2,746
What our Consumers Say…
"I feel I really changed from the person I used to be when I first came here (SHIP Head Injury Center). I really hated myself and life but look at me now, now life is the best thing…" - SHIP Consumer
"I am impressed with my case manager's ability to advocate on my behalf. Thanks so much for helping me with feelings of self-worth and for consistent support with all the changes and assistance I need." - Home Care Consumer
"Your service has made a tremendous difference in my life and in the way I feel about my disability." - Home Care Consumer
"One of my dreams is to be able to do my graphic work…you have opened that door for me." - SHIP Consumer
"Because of the Home Care Assistance Program, I have experienced improvement in my health and well-being. I am improved with greater confidence and stability each day." - Home Care Consumer
- View previous year, 2009-2010 file size 1MB as Rich Text Download.
This information is provided by the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.