Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission
Disability Determination Services
Year In Review
October 1, 2010 - September 30, 2011
SSI/DI Claims Processed by Disability Determination Services
- Total Receipt of Cases: 83,372
- Total Disposition of Cases: 86,726
- Initial Claims Filed: 52,366
- Initial Claims Disposed: 56,035
- % Allowed: 41.9%
- CDR Receipts: 8,691
- CDR Dispositions: 7,906
- Consultative Examinations Purchased: 24,453
- Consultative Examination Rate: 28.2%
- Medical Evidence of Record Purchased: 76,784
- Medical Evidence of Record Rate: 88.5%
- Total Medical Costs: $4,263,547
Massachusetts SSI/SSDI Summary
- Total MA Population: 6.55M
- MA SSI Recipients, 2010:192,998
- MA SSDI Recipients, 2010: 214,176
- Annual SSDI Benefits Paid: $2.83B
- Annual SSI Benefits Paid: $1.21B
Facts at a Glance
"The goal of our services is to promote dignity through employment and community living, one person at a time. We hope that all citizens with disabilities in Massachusetts will have the opportunity to contribute as a productive member of their community and family as a result of services provided by the MRC."
Charles Carr, Commissioner
- Total Budget : $45,108,734
- Cost Per Case: $520.13
- Total Disposition of SSI/DI Cases: 86,726
- Accuracy of Initial Decisions: 97%
- Federal Accuracy of Decision Standard: 90%
October 1, 2009 - September 30, 2010
October 1, 2008 - September 30, 2009
This information is provided by the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.