To guide fire department chiefs through the application process for the Massachusetts Firefighting Academy's twelve-week recruit training program. The guide also serves to inform chiefs of the recent changes made to the physical training aspect of recruit training as directed by the Massachusetts Fire Training Council.
INFORMATION FOR CHIEFS
- Checklist of required items ( PDF )
- Complete application package:
- Basic Full-time Recruit Application ( PDF ) ( Word )
- Statement of Compliance - Protective Clothing ( PDF ) ( Word ) - NEW 2015
- Pages 1 & 6 of HRD Medical Forms ( PDF Sample )
- Result of HRD's Fire Physical Ability Test (P.A.T.)
- Fit Test Results (within 30 days of class start date)
- Please use Firefox or Chrome browsers if you are having difficulty opening the Word documents.
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS TO READ AND VIEW PRIOR TO TRAINING:
PHYSICAL FITNESS TRAINING
These videos provide examples of what firefighter recruits will be doing as part of the new physical fitness training. Most of the exercises duplicate movements and actions from the fireground. Physical fitness is part of the recruit orientation program so that individuals can be physically ready for the 9-week training program.
- PT Video 1 -
- PT Video 2 –
- PT Video 3 –
- PT Video 4 -
MEDICAL AND PHYSICAL FITNESS STANDARDS
- Who Must Take the Medical Exam & Physical Ability Test (PAT)
- Medical Standards Information
- Physical Ability Test Information
- Videos - Physical Ability Test (PAT)
If you have questions or need any further information concerning the Recruit Physical Training Program, please contact the Massachusetts Firefighting Academy.
|Christine Juda||Recruit Assistant||978-567-3202|
|Bruce Gauvin||Recruit Coordinator||978-567-3218|
|Joseph Klucznik||MFA Asst. Director||978-567-3220|
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.