Ethanol: Response Considerations
HAZMAT Training Programs are available for download. The Department of Fire Services HazMat Training Branch posts the following training materials for use by fire departments throughout the Commonwealth. The programs are brought to you from the National Hazardous Materials Fusion Center, the IAFC and the DOT Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, (PHMSA).
Upon approval of your departments Training Officers, Company Officers are encouraged to download the PowerPoint's, movies and lesson plans for use at company level training. Great up-to-date programs for the progressive company officer.
Any questions, call the DFS HazMat Training Branch, 978-567-3225.
Training Package: Responding to Ethanol Incidents
- Instructor Guide file size 17MB
- Participant Guide file size 17MB
- Powerpoint Slides
- 00 - Introduction file size 1MB
- 01 - Ethanol and Ethanol Blended Fuels file size 2MB
- 02 - Chemical and Physical Characteristics of Ethanol and Hydrocarbon Fuels
- 03 - Transportation and Transfer of Ethanol-Blended Fuels file size 1MB
- 04 - Storage and Dispensing Locations file size 1MB
- 05 - Fire Fighting Foam Principles and Ethanol-Blended Emergencies file size 1MB
- 06 - Health and Safety Considerations for Ethanol- Blended Fuel Emergencies
- 07 - Tank Farm and Bulk Storage Fire Incidents
- Companion Video file size 42MB