Attached is the revised
Blasting Damage Complaint form.
Please begin using this version and discard all previous versions.
I would also like to take this opportunity to review the blasting damage complaint procedure:
1. Complainant completes the damage complaint form and returns it to the fire department within 30 days of the alleged incident.
2. The fire department notifies the blaster of the complaint, and requests that he/she come to the fire department with copies of blasting log(s) and seismograph record(s).
3. The blaster signs the damage complaint form(s) to acknowledge receipt and is given a copy.
4. The fire department reviews the records provided by the blaster to determine if violations of 527 CMR 13 have occurred. Notice of Violation is issued if appropriate.
5. The fire department forwards a copy of the damage complaint form, blasting logs/seismograph records, and a copy of any Notice of Violation to this office.
6. The blaster or insurance carrier has 30 days to reply to the complainant.
If you have any questions please contact the Code Compliance & Enforcement Unit at 978-567-3375, or in western Massachusetts at 413-587-3181.