Important License Exam Change: There will be no testing in Northampton until further notice.
Please review our licensing guidelines prior to submitting your application or taking an exam. These guidelines will provide clear protocol of the Division of Fire Safety’s expectations on license applications, fee schedule and payment, test preparation, cheating, multiple re-exams, and related testing responsibilities.
- Application for Explosives Certificate of Competency (FP-58)
- Application for License to Sell Explosives (FP-78)
- Application for Fireworks/Special Effects User's Certificate (FP-76)
- Application for New and Renewal of Fireworks Certificate of Competency (FP-07)
- Application for New and Renewal of Special Effects Certificate of Competency (FP-08)
- Application for Permit to Transport Fireworks (FP-6E)
- Application for Cannon/Mortar Certificate of Competency (FP-82)
- Application for Explosive User's Certificate (FP-83)
- Application for Certificate of Registration for Servicing Portable Fire Extinguishers and/or Fixed Fire Extinguishing Systems (FP-85)
- Application for a New Fire Suppression Certificate of Competency (FP-86)
- Application for Renewal of Fire Suppression Certificate of Competency (FP-87)
- Application for Certificate of Competency for Cleaning/Inspecting Commercial Cooking Operations (FP-26)
- Application for Renewal of Certificate of Competency for Cleaning/Inspecting Commercial Cooking Operations (FP-26R)
- Application for License to Sell Black or Smokeless Powder (FP-81)
Attention All DFS License Holders
If you have any licensing questions, please contact Lydia Bogar at 978-567-3700 or by email at Lydia.Bogar@state.ma.us.
If you want to add an additional restriction to your MA Certificate of Competency please complete the add an additional restriction form and mail it to the Licensing Desk Address below.
If you want to apply for an additional restriction to your company's MA Certificate of Registration, please complete the application to add a restriction to your company Certificate of Registration and mail it to the Licensing Desk address below.
To apply for a retest please complete the application for retest form and mail it to the Licensing Desk address below.