- About Public Education, Public Education Conference, Student Awareness of Fire (S.A.F.E) Education, Fire Safety Topics, Young Heroes, Resources for Fire Educators and Smoke Alarm Information, Juvenile Firesetters Intervention Programs and Resources
- Overview of services provided
- DFS Events Calendar
- Public Fire and Life Safety Education Training
- Printable safety flyers, Fireworks Safety, Burn Prevention Week Info, Summer Safety, Ice safety information, Senior Fire Safety Information, Winter Holiday Safety
- Get Help
- Smoke Alarm Safety and Smoke Alarm Information for Public Educators
- Every year around Halloween, we turn the clocks back one hour. This is a good time to also change the batteries in your smoke detectors and now your carbon monoxide alarms. . .
October 7-13 is Fire Prevention Week. Fire Prevention Week gives the fire service the opportunity to reach out to the community and empower its citizens to prevent home fires and protect their families. This year’s theme, “Have 2 Ways Out!” reminds us how important it is to have two ways out of every building we’re in – especially our homes, where most fires take place.
- Call for obtaining free fire safety information, Links to: Resources, S.A.F.E., Fire Factors, Fire Safety Topics, Open House.
- Current and past Public Education Conferences
Training Seminar on Play Safe, Be Safe Pre-School Fire safety Curriculum at Holyoke Community College - Wednesday, March 19, 2008On Wednesday, March 19, 2008, Dr. Robert Cole will be presenting a training seminar on the Play Safe, Be Safe pre-school fire safety curriculum at Holyoke Community College from 9 a.m. to 12 noon. All early childhood education teachers, fire and life safety educators, student teachers, and Head Start teachers are welcome to join us. Download the attached flyer for registration, deadline and additional information. . .