Electrical Fire Facts
- In 2014, electrical fires were the leading cause of fire deaths in Massachusetts.
- Eight fatal fires took the lives of 15 people including a July fire in Lowell that took the lives of four adults and three children.
Protect Your Home From Electrical Fires
- For a detailed guide to protecting your home from electrical fires, read the Department of Fire Services pamphlet on Electrical Safety .
- Fire officials recommend having a licensed electrician review your home’s electrical system every ten years. Small upgrades and simple safety checks can prevent larger problems.
- State Fire Marshal Coan offers electrical fire safety tips.
Additional Electrical Fire Safety Information
- U.S. Fire Administration's Electrical Fire Safety Webpage
- NFPA's Electrical Safety Fact Sheet
- NFPA's Electrical Fire Safety in the Home
- Electrical Safety for Older Adults – Electrical Safety Foundation International
- Electrical Safety in the Workplace – NFPA Video
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.