The Office of the State Fire Marshal through the Fire Safety Division issues certificates of competency and certificates of registration (commonly referred to as “licenses”) to people and companies engaged in:
- Fireworks, blasting, explosives, special effects, cannon and mortar firing
- Commercial cooking exhaust system cleaning and inspection
- Portable fire extinguishers and special hazard systems
Applications for New Licenses and Renewals
- Applications for new or renewal of these licenses can be found on the Fire Prevention Forms page.
- License exam dates and application instructions
- M.G.L. Chapter 148 §20B relative to Massachusetts Explosives Certificate of Competency holders.
- Licensing Guidelines
For information about licensing issues, please contact the licensing desk by phone at 978-567-3700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Permits for Aboveground Storage Tanks and Self-Serve Gas Stations
Code compliance officers and fire prevention engineers review plans and issue permits for the operation of:
For questions, contact the Code Compliance Desk at 978-567-3375, or in western Mass. at (978) 567-3813.