Marine Fueling

The Division of Fire Safety issues permits for barge marine fueling, fixed marine fueling and mobile marine fueling. Permits are valid from January 1st through December 31st. Facility owners are required to abide by the requirements of the Mass. Comprehensive Fire Safety Code – 527 CMR 1.00 revised in 2015.

Mobile facilities must also obtain a permit from the local fire department for the tank truck to transport flammable liquid, or an exemption from the permit to transport combustible liquids (Form FP 44 or 44E).