Massachusetts Department of Correction to host 21st Annual Prison Media Days
Milford (July 2012)—The Massachusetts Department of Correction (DOC) is hosting its annual Prison Media Days with tours of its 17 facilities for the 21st year in a row. Tours run from September 2012 through April 2013.
“Each of the DOC’s 17 facilities is operationally unique in its inmate population, security level and program offering,” said Luis S. Spencer, Commissioner of the Mass. Department of Correction. “This is an opportunity for the media to see firsthand the day to day operations of our facilities, and how staff work to prepare inmates for reentry back to their communities.”
Facility tours allow media the opportunity to gather file footage and photographs for future use. Information packages are available.
Attendance at a DOC Media Day must be confirmed three days in advance. Proper dress and ID are required.
Additional information on DOC facilities and directions is available on the DOC website: www.mass.gov/doc.
Massachusetts Department of Correction
2012-2013 Media Days
- Sept. 13, 9:30am—MCI Plymouth, Myles Standish Forest, South Carver
- Sept. 13, 1:30pm-Mass. Treatment Center for the Sexually Dangerous, Bridgewater
- Sept. 20, 9:30am—MCI Framingham
- Sept. 20, 12:30pm—South Middlesex Correctional Center, Framingham
- Sept. 27, 9:30am—Bridgewater State Hospital
- Oct. 4, 9:30am—Souza Baranowski Correctional Center, Shirley
- Oct. 4, 1:30pm—MCI Shirley
- Oct. 11, 9:30am—North Central Correctional Institution, Gardner
- Oct. 25, 9:30am—MCI Cedar Junction, Walpole
- Oct. 25, 1:30pm—Old Colony Correctional Center, Bridgewater
November--December—January—February --- No Media Days
- March 7, 9:30am—Mass. Alcohol and Substance Abuse Center, Bridgewater
- March 14, 9:30am—MCI Concord
- March 14, 1:30pm—Northeastern Correctional Center, Concord
- April 4, 9:30am—Bay State Correctional Center, Norfolk
- April 4, 1:30pm—Pondville Correctional Center, Norfolk
- April 11, 9:30am—MCI Norfolk
- April 25, 9:30am—Boston Pre-Release Center