Massachusetts Department of Correction 2013-2014 Media Days
Massachusetts Department of Correction to host 22nd Annual Prison Media Days
Milford (August 2013)—The Massachusetts Department of Correction (DOC) is hosting its annual Prison Media Days with tours of its 17 facilities for the 22nd year in a row. Tours run from September 2013 through April 2014.
“Each of the DOC’s 17 facilities is operationally unique in its inmate population, security level and program offering,” said Luis S. Spencer, Commissioner of the Mass. Department of Correction. “This is an opportunity for the media to see firsthand the day to day operations of our facilities, and how staff work to prepare inmates for reentry back to their communities.”
Facility tours allow media the opportunity to gather file footage and photographs for future use. Information packages are available.
Attendance at a DOC Media Day must be confirmed 10 days in advance. Proper dress and ID are required.
Additional information on DOC facilities and directions is available on the DOC website: www.mass.gov/doc.
Massachusetts Department of Correction
2013-2014 Media Days
- Sept. 12, 9:30am—MCI Plymouth, Myles Standish Forest, South Carver
- Sept. 12, 1:30pm—Mass. Treatment Center for the Sexually Dangerous, Bridgewater
- Sept. 26, 9:30am—Bridgewater State Hospital
- Oct. 3, 9:30am—Souza Baranowski Correctional Center, Shirley
- Oct. 3, 1:30pm—MCI Shirley
- Oct. 10, 9:30am—North Central Correctional Institution, Gardner
- Oct. 17, 9:30am—MCI Cedar Junction, Walpole
- Oct. 17, 1:30pm—Old Colony Correctional Center, Bridgewater
November--December—January—February --- No Media Days
- March 6, 9:30am—Mass. Alcohol and Substance Abuse Center, Bridgewater
- March 13, 9:30am—MCI Concord
- March 13, 1:30pm—Northeastern Correctional Center, Concord
- April 3, 9:30am—Bay State Correctional Center, Norfolk
- April 3, 1:30pm—Pondville Correctional Center, Norfolk
- April 10, 9:30am—MCI Norfolk
- April 17, 9:30am—MCI Framingham
- April 17, 12:30pm—South Middlesex Correctional Center, Framingham
- April 24, 9:30am—Boston Pre-Release Center