The Department of Public Safety recently amended 520 CMR 5.00 (the regulation governing the operation and maintenance of amusement devices). The following changes have been adopted:
- All Certified Maintenance Mechanics are required to hold a department issued certification. Individuals who hold Level I or Level II NAARSO or AIMS certification will not be required to take the examination.
- The ASTM and NFPA standards have been updated to reflect the most current version.
- . The Department may charge an inspection and re-inspection fee. The new fees include:
- An amusement device license fee of $40.00 annually.
- Amusement device inspection fee:
- 1 to 6 devices = $25.00 with a $100.00 maximum fee
- 7 to 9 = $200.00 per location
- 10 to 15 = $300.00 per location
- 16 to 25 = $400.00 per location
- 26 and up = $500.00 per location
- An amusement device re-inspection fee of $25.00 per device
- The minimum amount of insurance for fixed carousels has been reduced from 2 Million to 1 Million
- The emergency contact notification number that owners are required to use has been changed to (508)820-1444.
To view the regulations governing amusement devices, please click HERE 520 CMR 5.00 file size 5MB (5.34mb)