Effective December 25, 2009, the Recreational Tramway Board Regulations, 526 CMR 10.03, relative to Certifications have been amended.
Highlights of the changes are as follows:
- All tramway inspectors, wire rope inspectors, wire rope splicers, and non destructive testing examiners must be certified by the Board before inspecting, splicing or conducting an examination in the Commonwealth. No inspection reports will be accepted by individuals not certified by the Board.
- An individual may become certified by:
- Passing a practical and/or oral examination administered by the Board, or
- Possessing at least five (5) years experience in the area of requested certification, or
- Having inspected at least 50 tramways in the area of requested certification, or
- Holding a certification by an organization deemed acceptable by the Board.
This is not a complete list of the changes. To view the regulations please click 526 CMR 10.00 file size 1MB