Communities throughout Massachusetts that have had success stories by applying the ideals of mitigation.
- New Culvert Works - Tewksbury file size 1MB
- New Drainage Averts Flooding - Melrose file size 1MB
- Freeboard Incentive Program - Hull file size 1MB
- Home Elevations - Scituate file size 1MB
- Mitigation...In Massachusetts - 2009 file size 3MB
- Mitigation...In Massachusetts - 2006
- Many communities in the Commonwealth maintain gravel/dirt roads. These roads often serve as an important access way to critical facilities or evacuation routes, so the maintenance and restoration of these roads during or after a flood event are crucial. In addition to roadways, slopes and ditches may also fail in a flood event and become a major hazard to public safety. This Gravel Road Stabilization Poster file size 1MB and Gravel Road Stabilization Presentation file size 35MB provide information of Best Practices for the mitigation of gravel roads and slope stabilization.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.