More Hurricane Resources
- The National Hurricane Center is responsible for forecasting and tracking tropical storms and hurricanes
- National Weather Service offices such as National Weather Service - Taunton (all of MA except Berkshire county) and National Weather Service - Albany (Berkshire county) develop local forecasts for the state.
- Storm Surge Can Be Deadly brochure
- Tropical Cyclone Preparedness Guide
- To learn more about the history of hurricanes in Massachusetts, read the New England Hurricanes of Note webpage.
Hurricane Resources for Emergency Managers
For emergency managers and public safety officials, see our Hurricane Resources for Emergency Managers webpage.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.