More Hurricane Resources
- The National Hurricane Center is responsible for forecasting and tracking tropical storms and hurricanes
- National Weather Service offices such as National Weather Service - Taunton (all of MA except Berkshire county) and National Weather Service - Albany (Berkshire county) develop local forecasts for the state.
- Storm Surge Can Be Deadly brochure
- Storm Surge videos from the National Hurricane Center: Storm Surge Video (English) & Storm Surge Video (Spanish)
- Tropical Cyclone Preparedness Guide
- To learn more about the history of hurricanes in Massachusetts, read the New England Hurricanes of Note webpage.
Hurricane Resources for Emergency Managers
For emergency managers and public safety officials, see our Hurricane Resources for Emergency Managers webpage.