On Monday, April 13th, 2015, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts received a Major Disaster Declaration (FEMA-4214-DR) making federal funding available under FEMA’s Public Assistance (PA) Program as a direct result of the January 26-28, 2015 Blizzard. PA assistance will be made available to local governments, state agencies, and various eligible private non-profit organizations within the ten (10) counties of Barnstable, Bristol, Dukes, Essex, Middlesex, Norfolk, Plymouth, Suffolk, Nantucket and Worcester for emergency work and permanent repair and replacement of facilities damaged as a direct result of the January 26-28, 2015 Blizzard. In addition, nine (9) of the counties listed above, with the exception of Nantucket, are eligible for Snow Assistance under FEMA guidelines for a 48-hour period.
Applicant briefings for this declared disaster will take place from May 4-8, 2015. See the Applicant Briefing Schedule - FEMA 4214 for dates, times, and locations of applicant briefings. For all information related to this declared disaster including applicant briefing information, forms, guidance, workbooks and more, see the January 2015 Severe Winter Storm, Snowstorm & Flooding Public Assistance (FEMA-4214-DR) webpage.
Sandy Recovery Improvement Act:
On January 29, 2013, the Sandy Recovery Improvement Act of 2013 was signed into law. The law authorizes several significant changes to the way FEMA may deliver disaster assistance to both individuals and public assistance applicants. Below are links detailing these policy changes and pilot programs that are currently in place by FEMA.
- Sandy Recovery Improvement Act of 2013 Overview (A detailed explanation from FEMA of new pilot policies and procedures)
- Fact Sheet
- FEMA Donated Resources Policy RP9525.2
General resources related to the Public Assistance Process:
- Request For Public Assistance (RPA)
- Guidance for Snow Debris Operations - February 2013
Private Nonprofit (PNP) Forms:
Project Worksheet Forms:
- Project Workbook (Excel 1997-2003)
- Project Workbook (Excel 2007 & 2010) file size 3MB
- FEMA`s SCHEDULE OF EQUIPMENT RATES (9-15-10)
- Elements of a Project Worksheet (9580.5) file size 1MB
- Private Nonprofit (PNP) Facility Eligibility (9521.3) file size 3MB
- Debris Contracting Guidance (9580.201) file size 3MB
- Debris Monitoring (9580.203)
- Mutual Aid Agreements for PA and Fire Mgmt Assistance (9523.6)
- Eligible Costs Related to Evacuations and Sheltering (9523.15)
- Landslides and Slope Stability Related to Public Facilities (9524.2)
- Massachusetts State Municipal Procurement After an Emergency
- Eligible Sand Replacement on Public Beaches (9580.8) file size 1MB
- Debris Removal from Waterways (9523.5) file size 2MB
- Debris Removal on Federal-Aid Highways (Fact Sheet) (9580.214)
Previous Declared Disaster Information:
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.