On October 28, 2005, the annual Commonwealth of Massachusetts Performance Recognition Awards ceremony was held at the Sheraton Hotel in Boston. For the year 2005, the Department of State Police had six Commonwealth Citation for Outstanding Performance award winners.
Colonel Thomas Robbins and Lieutenant Colonel Charles Noyes of the Massachusetts State Police were on hand to present the Department's winners with their awards. The following individuals received awards:
- Michael B. Halpin, Staff Counsel - Legal Department
- Thomas J. Keville, Dispatcher III - Communications Department
- Jennie L. Sbrogna , Systems Programmer - Communications Department
The group recipients were:
- Employee Relations Unit (Receiving the award for the Employee Relations Unit were Patricia M. Lavin, Esquire and Gary S. Murphy)
- Special Tactical Operations (STOP) Team (Receiving the award for the STOP team were Sgt. Michael J. Domnarski and Trooper John L. Suyemoto)
- Motorcycle Unit (Receiving the award for the Motorcycle Unit was Lt. William A. Cederquist).
The Human Resources Division coordinates the annual Commonwealth of Massachusetts Performance Recognition Program. This program gives formal recognition to Commonwealth employees who make meaningful contributions, which distinguish them from their peers. These special awards focus attention on consistent, positive achievements by both individuals and teams of state employees, and recognize those who demonstrate: innovation and dedication to their work, concern for the public trust and a commitment to excellence.
Awards are given in three categories:
- Commonwealth Citation for Outstanding Performance
- Eugene H. Rooney, Jr. Public Service Award
- Manuel Carballo Governor's Award for Excellence in Public Service
In order to be eligible for the Commonwealth's Citation for Outstanding Performance (PRP), nominees must be Executive Branch employees who have been in state service for at least two years as of May 11, 2005. Any individual may be nominated by a supervisor, peer, professional colleague or others familiar with the person's work.