Westfield, MA 01085
State Police Westfield is located at the 41- mile marker on the Massachusetts Turnpike. The barracks opened in 1957 and operated as a full time facility until the abolishment of the barracks system in the early 1970's, at which time it was converted to a part-time barracks. The station was actually closed and put up for sale by the Turnpike Authority in the early 1970's. The officers responsible for patrolling the western most sector reported to SP Lee and the officers' responsible for patrolling the eastern most sector reported to Chicopee Maintenance Facility at the 52 mile marker. The barracks was re-opened as a part-time facility in 1972 with a Sergeant manning the desk on the day shift only. All calls during the Eve and Mid shifts were diverted to SP Charlton where the desk was manned on a full time basis. The Troopers in the back of their cruisers, which were all station wagons at the time, transported all injured parties from accidents or those in need of emergency medical attention. In 1975, ambulance service was provided for transport of the injured. SP Westfield became a full time barracks in 1990 and has remained full time.
The Troopers assigned to SP Westfield are responsible for patrolling the western most section of the Massachusetts Turnpike from the Ludlow- Chicopee town line to the New York State border.