Tufts Medical Center Event Highlights Real Life Consequences of Driving or Riding Without a Safety Belt
* Colonel Mark Delaney, Superintendent Massachusetts State Police
* Commissioner Edward Davis, Boston Police Department
* Philip Weiser, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Regional Administrator
* Chief Anthony Riello, President of the Massachusetts Chiefs of Police
* Brian Gilchrist, M.D., Surgeon in Chief, Floating Hospital for Children, and Director of the Kiwanis Pediatric Institute, Tufts Medical Center
* Danielle Wohl, Brain Injury Association representative and automobile crash survivor
WHAT: With Memorial Day and summer road trips right around the corner, the Massachusetts State Police, local police, the Brain Injury Association, and physicians are joining at Tufts Medical Center to raise awareness about the dangers of driving or riding without a safety belt. Danielle Wohl of the Brain Injury Association will also be on hand to share her story of living with a brain injury and how it could have been prevented by wearing a seatbelt. The event is part of the Commonwealth's Spring 2008 Click it or Ticket Mobilization, a statewide effort involving extra traffic enforcement and public information that began May 14 and runs through June 4.
WHEN: 10 a.m.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
WHERE: Tufts Medical Center
750 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
For more information, go to www.mass.gov/highwaysafety