Massachusetts State Police to Hold Award Ceremony
- (2) Medal of Valor - Given to sworn police officers who have performed specific acts of bravery or who have exhibited outstanding courage while performing their duties.
- (8) Medal of Merit - Given to sworn police officers who have performed acts of outstanding achievement far exceeding the normal call of duty.
- (7) Medal of Lifesaving - Given to sworn police officers for saving the life of another.
- (12) Superintendent's Commendation - Established to bestow recognition upon any person who has made an exceptional contribution to the Massachusetts State Police.
- (1) Distinguished Service Award - The highest civilian award, given to a civilian for providing extraordinary assistance to the State Police.
- (2) Lifesaving Award - Given to a civilian for saving the life of another.
- (1) Public Service Award - Established to recognize a civilian member of the Department, or a member of the public who has provided outstanding assistance to the Department, or who has significantly contributed to public safety.
The ceremony will be held at the Grand Staircase of the State House in Boston at 11:00 a.m. Members of the media are welcome to attend the ceremony and are asked to confirm potential attendance with the Office of Media Relations at 508-820-2623.