The mission of the Parole Board is achieved by:
- Identifying those parole eligible offenders for whom there is sufficient indication that confinement has served its purposes and setting conditions of parole;
- Providing transitional planning, supervision and assistance to the offender and direction to relevant services that promotes responsible conduct;
- Enforcing compliance with parole conditions through the timely application of a graduated scale of sanctions, including a return to confinement;
- Developing partnerships with applicable federal, state, county and non-profit organizations in an effort to provide a continuum of risk reduction programming to offenders that reduces recidivism, maximizes resources, eliminates duplication and demonstrates fiscal responsibility;
- Striving to understand the concerns of victims and the general public, giving full consideration to these concerns when setting policy and making parole decisions; and
- Giving valuable and timely recommendations to the Governor on matters of executive clemency.
Parole Board Vision
The Massachusetts Parole Board visualizes itself as an agency whereby:
- Our commitment to the protection of the community and the concerns of victims leads to our being recognized as an integral component of the criminal justice system;
- Our decisions and the process by which we make them will be improved by continual research, evaluation and discussion;
- Public safety is enhanced through a comprehensive re-entry program which includes transitional planning, strong communications with all criminal justice agencies to enhance our decision making ability, partnerships targeted to provide state of the art, research proven, risk-reduction programming, graduated supervision levels to accommodate the accountability needs of all parolees under our supervision and educational/informational briefings to keep the public informed of our initiatives;
- We are committed to enhancing the job performance and professional development of our staff by maximizing communication, access to education, training and technology and information sharing;
- We respect, support and recognize each individual who works within this agency and the jobs that they perform;
- As a staff, we strive toward unity of purpose understanding that alone we may have our share of successes, but together, we can accomplish great things, and;
- We shall always endeavor to treat parolees with professionalism, fairness, respect and consistency.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.