The Architectural Access Board awarded commendations for the design and construction of five facilities which provide access to persons with disabilities.
In a ceremony at the Massachusetts State House, AAB Executive Director Deborah Ryan commended the work of the following:
- Thomas Crane Public Library, Quincy, winner of the Honor Award.
- Pratt Music Building, South Hadley, winner of the William D. Smith Memorial Award.
- Jewett House, Cambridge, winner of the Merit Award for Private Residential Architecture.
- Framingham State Ecumenical Center, Framingham State Ecumenical Center Framingham, winner of the Merit Award for Public Architecture
- Robert A. Wells Access Project at the Berkshire Museum, Pittsfield, winner of the Merit Award for Public Architecture