Prior to owning or operating an amusement device, a license must be granted by the Department. In addition, criminal background checks are required of certain amusement employees. Each amusement device, including inflatable devices, must be registered with the Department annually and inspected according to the regulations.
All license applications and forms are available via the link below. Prior to contacting the Department with any questions, please review the FAQ ("Frequently Asked Questions") link below for further information. All applications, inquiries, or suggestions should be mailed to:
Department of Public Safety
One Ashburton Place Room 1301
Boston, MA 02108
Thank you for visiting the Amusements Division website.
- Laws and Regulations
- Board Members
- Guidelines for Owners of Amusement Devices
- Frequently Asked Questions for the Cori Process (23k)
- Model Policy Cori Procedure for Amusement Devices
- Model Policy Cori Procedure for Challenge Courses
- Memo to Amusement Owners of Changes to Regulations (154kb)
- Forms and Applications
- Application for Variance for Use by Challenge Courses and Climbing Wall Facilities (20k)
- Third Party Inspectors for Amusement Devices, Challenge Courses, and Climbing Walls
Click here to submit Amusement Itinerary: Amusement.Itinerary.Submission@state.ma.us
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.