Inflatable Guidelines for Parents When Renting:
1. Does the rental company set the unit up with trained employees? Avoid companies that allow you to pick the device up and set it up yourself.
2. Does the rental company provide an operator (required to have an operator for devices that is designed to enable patrons to stand, sit or climb to a height of 12 feet or higher)?
3. If an operator is not provided, did the rental company provide you with clear instructions to ensure safe operation of the device? Avoid rental companies that do not provide an operator or fails to properly instruct you with the manufacturers recommendations including capacity limitations, wind restrictions, location placement and anchoring requirements.
What to look for before a parent chooses to place a child in an inflatable:
1. Is the device placed on level firm ground?
2. Is the device near any electrical lines or anything that would interferewith the safe operation of the device? For instance, if an inflatable is tight against a brick wall, it would present a serious hazard to any child who would bounce against the wall.
3. Is the device anchored properly? If a device is using tent stakes or stakes that do not appear will hold the unit down in a strong wind, the device should not be used.
4. Are the stakes fenced off or protected to prevent children from tripping or injuring themselves on them?
5. Can you see any tears in the device or signs of excessive wear?
6. Is the blower motor plugged into a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFI) receptacle?
7. Is there an operator and are they trained? Are they 18 years old or older?
8. Does the operator know what to do in the event of a deflation?
9. Is the operator allowing the capacity to be exceeded? If it looks like there are too many children in the device, chances are you are correct.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.