Key references needed to properly use all chapters of the Base Code are listed in the table below.
2009 International Codes (I-Codes)
|IBC - International Building Code||780 CMR - MA Amendments to the IBC|
|IEBC - International Existing Building Code||527 CMR - MA fire prevention and electrical regulations|
|IECC - International Energy Conservation Code for stretch code buildings, 2012 IEEC for non-stretch code buildings.||521 CMR - MA accessibility regulations|
|IMC - International Mechanical Code||248 CMR - MA plumbing regulations|
|IFC - International Fire Code||524 CMR - MA elevator regulations|
An electronic version of the Massachusetts amendments package is provided below for convenience but it is not official. Please contact the State House Bookstore for the official version.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view these files. Click here for a free download.
User tip: First find a topic location in the IBC table of contents. Then come back to this screen, open the appropriate MA amendment chapter and scroll to the specific section to see if amendments apply to that section. Also, don't forget to further check for amendments since August 2010, which are posted on the preceding web page.
- Massachusetts Amendments to the IBC (August 2010)
Table of Contents (37kb)
- Scope and Administration (156kb)
- Definitions (59kb)
- Use and Occupancy Classification (69kb)
- Special Detailed Requirements Based on Use and Occupancy (101kb)
- General Building Heights and Areas (51kb)
- Types of Construction (44kb)
- Fire and Smoke Protective Features (No MA amendments.) (40kb)
- Interior Finishes (56kb)
- Fire Protection Systems (146kb)
- Means of Egress (64kb)
- Accessibility (46kb)
- Interior Environment (54kb)
- Energy Efficiency (73kb)This amendment is effective until July 1, 2014 and runs concurrently with the August 16, 2013 version found on the previous web page . The lighting power density for "office" and "retail" were amended on December 6, 2013 to "0.9" and "1.3" respectively for Table 505.5.2.
- Exterior Walls (No MA amendments.) (44kb)
- Roof Assemblies and Rooftop Structures (No MA amendments.) (40kb)
- Structural Design (334kb)
- Structural Tests and Special Inspections (65kb)
- Soils and Foundations (588kb)
- Concrete (51kb)
- Aluminum (No MA amendments.) (40kb)
- Masonry (63kb)
- Steel (53kb)
- Wood (55kb)
- Glass and Glazing (42kb)
- Gypsum board and Plaster (No MA amendments.) (41kb)
- Plastic (50kb)
- Electrical (49kb)
- Mechanical Systems (47kb)
- Plumbing Systems (46kb)
- Elevator and Conveying Systems (51kb)
- Special Construction (73kb)
- Encroachments into the Public Right-of-way (47kb)
- Safeguards During Construction (54kb)
- Existing Structures (158kb)
- Referenced Standards (53kb)
110. Special Regulations (275kb)
R1 Concrete Testing Laboratories Licensing
R2 Concrete Field Testing Technician
R3 Manufactured Buildings, Building Components and Mobile Homes
R4 Licensing Native Lumber Producers
R5 Construction Supervisors
R7 Certification of Inspectors of buildings, Building Commissioners and Local Inspectors
115. Appendices (219kb)
A. Employee Qualifications - Reserved
B. Board of Appeals - Reserved
C. Group U Agricultural Buildings
D. Fire Districts - Reserved
E. Supplementary Accessibility Requirements - Reserved
F. Rodent proofing
G. Flood Resistant Construction
I. Patio Covers
K. Administrative Provisions - Reserved
AA. Stretch Energy Code
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.