Effective March 1, 2006 any individual interested in taking the required examinations for Local Inspector or Inspector of Buildings/Building Commissioner must receive prior approval, from the Board of Building Regulations and Standards, before taking the examinations.
Local Inspector (first step)
Inspector of Buildings/Building Commissioner (second step)
Remember, one must complete both steps in order to become certified in Massachusetts as an Inspector of Buildings\Building Commissioner (unless certification as a local inspector has been acquired through the grandfather process).
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader is required to view the form - Click Here for free Adobe Reader
- Examination Approval Form
- Certification Process Check off list form
- Application for Building Code Enforcement Official
- Extension of Time Request Form
- New Employee Report form
- Clerks Building Official Notification form - Notification by all City and Town Clerks by April 1st
- Continuing Education Attendance form
- Continuing Education Credit application
- Training Report Discrepancy Report Form_Attachment C