Effective March 1, 2006 any individual interested in taking the required examinations for Local Inspector or Inspector of Buildings/Building Commissioner must receive prior approval, from the Board of Building Regulations and Standards, before taking the examinations.
Local Inspector (first step)
Inspector of Buildings/Building Commissioner (second step)
Remember, one must complete both steps in order to become certified in Massachusetts as an Inspector of Buildings\Building Commissioner (unless certification as a local inspector has been acquired through the grandfather process).
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader is required to view the form - Click Here for free Adobe Reader
- Examination Approval form (277kb)
- Certification Process Check off list form
- Application for Building Code Enforcement Official
- Extension of Time Request form
- New Employee Report form
- Clerks Building Official Notification form - Notification by all City and Town Clerks by April 1st
- Continuing Education Attendance form
- Continuing Education Credit application
- Training Report Discrepancy Report form
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.