The Engineering division is responsible for the inspection of boilers, pressure vessels, and other equipment or devices for conformance to safety laws, standards, rules and regulations. The inspectors of this division are also responsible for the safe operation of amusement rides, horse and carriage vehicles, and bungee jumping. In addition to ensuring compliance with safety laws, rules and regulations, it is the responsibility of the inspectors to examine people for the following licenses: Power plant engineers and firemen, oil burner technicians, refrigeration technicians, heavy equipment and hoisting operators, sprinkler fitters, pipefitters, nuclear power plant operators. In the event of an accident, the inspectors make an investigation to determine the cause, and to prosecute violators of the law with regard to the areas. ________________________________________________________
- M.G.L Chapter 146 ( Inspection of Boiler and Pressure Vessels, Licenses of Engineers, Fireman and Operators of hoisting machinery)
- 522 CMR 18 (23kb) ( Engineer Continuing Education Requirements as of 1/2000)
- Laws & Regulations
- Engineering Division Administrative Rulings
- License Search Engine
- Schools Approved by the Department
- Engineering Exams - Appeal Request Form (43kb)
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.