This license allows the holder to perform pipefitting work subject to inspection under any law, ordinance, by-law, rule or regulation under the direct supervision of a journeyman or Master Pipefitter.
Who should have one?
Anyone who is learning the trade in pipefitting work.
What are the prerequisites?
A person seeking an Apprentice Pipefitter License must:
1. Complete an application with proper mailing AND home address, social security number.
2. Attached 1" x 1.25" photo
3. Must provide proof that you are registered with your company with the Department of Labor and Industry
4. Non-refundable application processing fee ($40)
How is this license obtained?
You provide the Department with the information listed above. You are not required to pass an exam for the apprentice license.
Application --- $40.00 ($40 non-refundable processing fee)
Renewal Fee - $20
- Bureau of Pipefitters, Refrigeration Technicians, and Sprinklerfitters
- Refrigeration Technicians, Pipefitters, and Sprinklerfitters (FAQ)