This license allows the holder to have a regular place of business and to employ duly licensed people to perform pipefitting.
Who should have one?
Anyone who has a regular place of business or who, by himself, or with other pipefitters in his employ perform pipefitting work.
What are the prerequisites?
A person seeking a Master Pipefitter License must:
1. Have submitted a properly completed application with proper mailing AND home address, social security number.
2. Attached 1" x 1.25" photo to the application.
3. Provide documentation from employer, and attach it to the application, that you have held and used a Massachusetts Journeyman Pipefitters license for not less than 2,000 hours.
4. Attach proper documentation, from an approved school that you have completed 100 hours of A.S.M.E Code instruction, to the application.
5. Provide a non-refundable application processing fee ($100)
How is this license obtained?
You must make application and successfully pass a written exam.
Application --- $100.00 ($100.00 non-refundable processing fee)
Renewal Fee - $75.00