Pursuant to G.L. c. 239, §4, personal property removed as the result of the service of an execution of a summary process judgment (i.e. - eviction) must be stored in a public warehouse licensed by the Department of Public Safety ("Department"). The following is an exclusive list of those warehouses which are compliant with G.L. c. 239, §4 including having filed rates with the Department. You may view the rates for each by clicking on the highlighted link:
- Ayer Moving & Storage - 109 Central Ave., Ayer, MA 01432
- Bolio & Sargents Moving & Storage - 39 Spruce St., Leominster, MA 01453
- Gallant Moving & Storage Co. - 55 Knapp Center, Brockton, MA 02301
- Hartman Relocating Services, Inc. - 272 Whitney St., Leominster, MA 01453
- Shtarker Moving and Storage, LLC. - 203 Circuit Ave., West Springfield, MA 01089
- Town to Town Movers, Inc. - 170 Chandler St., Worcester, MA 01608
- Town to Town Movers, Inc. - 100 Beacon St., Worcester, MA 01608
- Town to Town Movers, Inc. - 1 Hygeia St., Worcester, MA 01604
- Triple M Moving and Storage - 1109 Montello St., Brockton, MA 02301
- Triple M Moving and Storage - 63 Middlesex St., N. Chelmsford, MA 01863
- Triple M Moving and Storage - 35 Scales Ln., Townsend, MA 01469
- Yankee Self Storage - 160 Laurel Street Ext., Greenfield, MA 01301
If a public warehouse is not on this list indicating compliance with G.L. c.239, §4, an officer serving the execution (eviction) may not cause property to be stored there. ( See G.L. c.239, §3 - "The officer shall not select pursuant to this section a warehouser whom the officer knows or reasonably believes to be in violation of any provision of section 4.").
If you are the owner or operator of a licensed pubic warehouse and store property obtained as a result of evictions, and are not on the above list of approved facilities, but wish to be, you must complete and submit the two documents below to the Department. If approved, you will be added to the list.