This license allows the holder to perform refrigeration work subject to inspection under any law, ordinance, by-law, rule or regulation under the direct supervision of a journeyman or Refrigeration Contractor.
Who should have one?
Anyone who is learning the trade in refrigeration work.
What are the prerequisites?
A person seeking an Apprentice Refrigeration Technician License must:
1. Complete an application with proper mailing AND home address, social security number.
2. A copy of high school diploma or equivalency certification.
3. Attached 1" x 1.25" photo (Unless Authorization for Release of RMV Photo Information Signed-Off)
4. A copy of your Division of Apprentice Standards ID Card.
5. Must provide proof that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age.
6. Non-refundable application processing fee ($40).
How is this license obtained?
You provide the Department with the information listed above. You are not required to pass an exam for the apprentice license.
Application --- $40 ($40 non-refundable processing fee)
Renewal Fee - $20.00