This license allows the holder to perform sprinkler work subject to inspection under any law, ordinance, by-law, rule or regulation under the direct supervision of a journeyman or sprinkler contractor.
Who should have one?
Anyone who is learning the trade in fire protection sprinkler work.
What are the prerequisites?
A person seeking an Apprentice Sprinklerfitter License must:
1. Complete an application with proper mailing AND home address, social security number.
2. Attached 1" x 1.25" photo
3. Provide documentation that you are employed by a Massachusetts Sprinkler Contractor.
4. Non-refundable application processing fee ($40)
How is this license obtained?
You provide the Department with the information listed above. You are not required to pass an exam for the apprentice license.
Application --- $40.00
Renewal - $20.00
- Laws and Regulations
- Bureau of Pipefitters, Refrigeration Technicians, and Sprinklerfitters
- Refrigeration Technicians, Pipefitters, and Sprinklerfitters (FAQ)