This license allows the holder to have a regular place of business and to employ duly licensed people to perform Sprinkler work.
Who should have one?
Anyone who has a regular place of business or who, by himself, or with other sprinklerfitters in their employ perform sprinkler work.
What are the prerequisites?
A person seeking a Sprinkler Contractor License must:
1. Documentation from employer that have worked five (5) years in the fire protection sprinkler system business in a management position.
2. Documentation that you are an owner, partner, officer, or in a full time management position of a fire protection sprinkler system company.
3. Documentation from an approved school that you have completed 300 hours of sprinkler fitting study.
4. Must provide proof that you are a citizen of the United States, or entitled to work in the United States.
5. Must provide proof that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age.
6. Non-refundable application processing fee ($100)
How is this license obtained?
You must make application and successfully pass a written exam.
Application --- $100 ($100 non-refundable processing fee)
Renewal Fee - $75.00
- Laws and Regulations
- Bureau of Pipefitters, Refrigeration Technicians, and Sprinklerfitters
- Refrigeration Technicians, Pipefitters, and Sprinklerfitters (FAQ)
- Fire Protection Sprinkler Contractor Application
- Request for Fire Protection Sprinkler Contractor Renewal Form