Tramway License

Please complete the forms below as part of your application

A certificate of insurance demonstrating a minimum coverage of $1 million per occurrence as well as the licensing fee is required as part of your application. Please note that incomplete applications will not be processes and a license will not be issued. Click to view the Sample Certificate of Liability Insurance Form pdf format of inf_tramway_sample_cert_liability_ins_form.pdf

Tramway Incident

In the case of a reportable tramway incident the Board and the State Police must be notified immediately. Within four days of the incident, the Accident Report Form (below) must be completed and returned to the Board.

An incident is reportable when a person sustains an injury, an unintentional deropement or unplanned evacuation occurs, or when a fire or failure of electrical or mechanical equipment which results in the loss of control of the tramway occurs.

Recreational Tramway Construction

Before a tramway can be constructed in the Commonwealth, the Lift Construction Form (below) must be completed and returned to the Board.

Variance Request

A ski area operator or tramway manufacturer may apply using the Variance Form (below) to the Board for a variance if compliance with the 526 CMR 10.00 is "overly burdensome." It must be demonstrated that such variance "would not compromise public safety or otherwise undermine the purpose of 526 CMR 10.00." See 526 CMR 10.12.

Application for Certification

Tramway and wire rope inspectors, wire rope splicers and NDT examiners must be certified by the Recreational Tramway Board prior to inspecting tramways or wire rope, splicing wire rope or conducting an NDT examination in the Commonwealth. To apply for certification by the Board, you must complete and submit the form below. See 526 CMR 10.03.