Non-Resident Aliens

The FRB may issue a Class A or Class B temporary license to carry firearms, or feeding devices, or ammunition. These licenses may be issued only to aliens who are not Massachusetts residents, for such purposes as firearms competitions, and may be subject to other terms and conditions ( M.G.L. c. 140 §131F ). Out-of-state residents should use this form pdf format of Application for Non-resident 2013
to apply for or renew a Non-resident Temporary LTC. Please call the FRB at (617) 660-4780 if you should have any questions.

Non-Residents Carrying Firearms within the Commonwealth

A United States citizen who is not a resident of the Commonwealth may possess rifles, shotguns, and firearms if certain situations apply. Please refer to the following items for additional information:

If the situations described in the law do not apply, the non-resident citizen must apply for a temporary non-resident LTC. Please call the FRB at (617) 660-4780 for more information.