What the MMCC can do to assist:
- Post information regarding missing children for state and national viewing
- Facilitate information sharing between local, state, and international jurisdictions
- Collaborate with other state agencies who are involved with youth at risk
- Provide investigative and/or awareness training for law enforcement, community groups and schools regarding youths at risk and how to begin recovery efforts
- Collect and analyze data regarding missing children in Massachusetts
- Provide technical investigative support to law enforcement
LOCATER, Lost Child Alert Technology Resource, is a cutting-edge web based program that enables law enforcement agencies to rapidly distribute critical images and information about missing-child cases.
The LOCATER program is provided to law enforcement agencies free of charge. This includes a security certificate to access a protected web site and help desk technical support. The LOCATER software can be utilized by local departments to create their own missing child posters and help facilitate a more rapid posting to the MMCC and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) websites. This will result in a more rapid distribution of the information about the child at risk to the public, social service agencies, and other law enforcement agencies.
Intake report form:
The Intake report form will assist in documenting important information and streamline the process of reporting missing children by social services agencies or parent/guardian to law enforcement.
Any local police department has the express authorization of the MMCC to adopt and/or alter the form for their own departments use with the exception of the release of information section. To obtain the form in a word, please contact the MMCC or see the side links on our website for a copy.