What the MMCC can do to assist:
- Post information regarding missing children for state and national viewing
- Facilitate information sharing between local, state, and international jurisdictions
- Collaborate with other state agencies who are involved with youth at risk
- Provide investigative and/or awareness training for law enforcement, community groups and schools regarding youths at risk and how to begin recovery efforts
- Collect and analyze data regarding missing children in Massachusetts
- Provide technical investigative support to law enforcement
LOCATER, Lost Child Alert Technology Resource, is a cutting-edge web based program that enables law enforcement agencies to rapidly distribute critical images and information about missing-child cases.
The LOCATER program is provided to law enforcement agencies free of charge. This includes a security certificate to access a protected web site and help desk technical support. The LOCATER software can be utilized by local departments to create their own missing child posters and help facilitate a more rapid posting to the MMCC and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) websites. This will result in a more rapid distribution of the information about the child at risk to the public, social service agencies, and other law enforcement agencies.
Intake report form:
The Intake report form will assist in documenting important information and streamline the process of reporting missing children by social services agencies or parent/guardian to law enforcement.
Any local police department has the express authorization of the MMCC to adopt and/or alter the form for their own departments use with the exception of the release of information section. To obtain the form in a word, please contact the MMCC or see the side links on our website for a copy.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.