In accordance with MGL Chapter 41 §96B, “Every police officer on a full-time basis in any such municipal police department, shall be assigned to and shall attend a prescribed course of study approved by the municipal police training committee for in-service officers...”
Visit the Mandatory In-service Training link for this year's mandatory requirements.
Download & print TY17 In-service handouts.
Training of Trainers - In-service
- Legal Update Train-the-Trainer
This course is a mandatory/pre-requisite course to qualify instructors for certification and teach Legal Updates in In-service for the Training Year 2017
[July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017].
- M.P.T.C. Instructor Development Pre-requisite Course
This is a pre-requisite course designed for those interested in applying for Instructor Certification to teach for the MPTC and its sponsored programs.
- Reserve/Intermittent Annual Professional Development
- Central Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association
- Northeast Regional Police Institute
- Plymouth County Police Chiefs Association
- Southeastern Massachusetts Police Training Association
- South Suburban Police Institute
- Western Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association
- Log in to EOPSS e-Learning