Visit this link to learn more about mandatory training for full-time police officers.
MPTC TY2017 Mandated Training Standard
July 2016 through June 2017
Please check here for the TY17 In-service schedule which will be posted the end of August or early September 2016.
As a reminder, all officers must obtain 40-hours of training in TY17, and the mandatory requirements for the coming year include:
All of these classes will require use of the MPTC lesson plan and MPTC-certified instructors who have attended the instructor trainer courses for that topic.
- Legal update: six (6) hours
- Youth interactions: three (3) hours
- Elderly issues: three (3) hours
- Active shooter tabletop: three (3) hours
- Dynamics of addiction: three (3) hours
- Defensive tactics: three (3) hours
- Local option: three (3) hours
Officers are also required to complete the annual firearms training and re-qualification requirements and to meet the statutorily mandated CPR and first aid training requirements, which do count towards the 40-hour training requirement, as does any other police-related training, regardless of the provider.
Register for In-service Training
- Boylston Police Academy
- Cape Cod held @ Yarmouth PD
- Managing Initial Response to Critical Incidents
Instructions on how to access the mandatory in-service course offered on the EOPSS E-Learning and Classroom Management Site
- Plymouth Police Academy
- Randolph Police Academy
- Reading Police Academy
- Western Mass Police Academy