Visit this link to learn more about mandatory training for full-time police officers.
MPTC TY2017 Mandated Training Standard
July 2016 through June 2017
Please continue to check here for the TY17 In-service schedules which will be posted in September 2016.
40-hours of training in TY17 must be obtained by all officers. The mandatory requirements for the coming year include:
- Legal update: six (6) hours
- Youth interactions: three (3) hours
- Elderly issues: three (3) hours
- Active shooter tabletop: three (3) hours
- Dynamics of addiction: three (3) hours
- Defensive tactics: three (3) hours
All of these classes will require use of the MPTC lesson plan and MPTC-certified instructors who have attended the instructor trainer courses for that topic.
Officers are also required to complete the annual firearms training and re-qualification requirements and to meet the statutorily mandated CPR and first aid training requirements, which do count towards the 40-hour training requirement, as does any other police-related training, regardless of the provider.