Veteran Officer In-service
Hours: 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM (or 4:00 PM - 11:30 PM where designated)
Locations: Classes to be held at Boylston Academy; Westminster Police Department; Ashburnham Police Department & Dudley Police Department.
Attire: Department Uniform - except for Defensive Tactics day.
Registration: Applications will be filled out on the first day of class.
Contact: Lisa Lane @ 781-437-0352 / Lisa.Lane@MassMail.State.MA.US
The last week of TY15 In-service was held the week of June 1-4, 2015
Enrollment limited to full time officers. All officers are welcome to attend any training location.
Boylston Police Academy, 221 Main Street, Boylston, MA 01505
MPTC TY2016 In-service
July 2015 through June 2016
Please check here for the TY16 In-service schedule which will be posted the end of August or early September 2015. As a reminder, all officers must obtain 40-hours of training in TY16, and the mandatory requirements for the coming year include:
- Full day of legal updates (6 hours)
- Half day of eyewitness identification (for those officers who did not take the class this year) (3 hours)
- Half day of defensive tactics skills training (3 hours)
- Half day of use-of-force concepts and tactics revisited (3 hours)
- Half day to discuss emerging issues resulting from the national dialogue regarding police training and community interactions (3 hours)
- Online Critical Incident Response Protocol class (1/2 hour)
- Annual firearms training and re-qualification requirements
- Meet the statutorily mandated CPR and first aid training requirements