- The State Police license private investigators working in Massachusetts. These are the basic requirements that govern the issuance of private investigator licenses.
- Original application packages to become licensed as a Private Detective or Watch Guard Patrol Agency.
- For CURRENT license holders only: Download all forms necessary to ensure accordance with M.G.L. Chapter 147 Sections 22-30. New applicants please refer to the "Download Applications" section.
- This list is updated on a quarterly basis throughout each year. License status for Private Detectives may change on a daily basis. For accurate information contact the Certification Unit at 978-538-6128.
- Responses to questions commonly asked about the Certification Unit. Should you have additional questions please contact the Certification Unit directly at 978-538-6128.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.