* Identifying those parole eligible offenders for whom there is sufficient indication that confinement has served its purposes and setting conditions of parole;
* Providing transitional planning, supervision and assistance to the offender and direction to relevant services that promotes responsible conduct;
* Enforcing compliance with parole conditions through the timely application of a graduated scale of sanctions, including a return to confinement;
* Developing partnerships with applicable federal, state, county and non-profit organizations in an effort to provide a continuum of risk reduction programming to offenders that reduces recidivism, maximizes resources, eliminates duplication and demonstrates fiscal responsibility;
* Striving to understand the concerns of victims and the general public, giving full consideration to these concerns when setting policy and making parole decisions; and
* Giving valuable and timely recommendations to the Governor on matters of executive clemency.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.