Nelson Simao, Program Coordinator
The Massachusetts Parole Board has teamed up with housing vendors in the community to address the reentry needs of parolees and ex-offenders. The Transitional Housing Program [THP] provides up to four months of transitional housing and access to support services for parolees and ex-offenders. These support services range from job training to counseling for substance abuse and mental health issues.
Goals of THP
- To provide transitional housing opportunities in the community.
- To ensure that education, vocational training and substance abuse/mental health programs are an essential component of each housing opportunity.
- To place a substance abuse coordinator in each Regional Reentry Center. Parole's substance abuse coordinators are licensed clinicians, counselors, or social workers. They are contracted to provide parolees and ex-offenders with referrals to treatment, counseling and other services.
- To reduce recidivism and increase public safety.
- To enhance self-sufficiency; including the ability to obtain sustainable housing and employment.
- To improve access to health insurance, medical services, and other public assistance programs.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.